Skip to main content

An unlikely mercy-nary

It was a fine summer's day, and beside the highway.

Lay a man, who was bloodied and bruised.

Anyone who would have passed, would have sworn that the mask,

On his face, was a halloween trick.

His bag was left empty behind,

His head inches from the train track line.

His bare feet strayed, and where his walking shoes lay, was a mystery never to be solved.

A man from the government passed. In a car that showed his high class.

In the blink of an eye, his chariot flew by,

He thought, I might have stopped, but I'm going too fast.

The sun travelled on through the sky, as time ticked slowly on by.

And, the man who was down, had no strength left to frown,

His heart was beating out of time.

Another man came on his bike,

Wearing clothes that were absurdly tight.

He yelled, I'm sorry sir, I can't help you today!

Every man has got his own fight to fight!

The sun now sank low in the sky,

And the moon was soon expected by, the stars, who were waiting for their chance to shine, and cast perhaps a too-cheerful light on the dark.

Now, up drove a bitsa car. With a driver much older than you are. He could hardly see out of his eyes and I doubt that he'd keep his licence for long.

He stopped by the way for a break.

For, he'd almost driven into the lake. It was only by miracle he lived, for his head had honked the horn as he nodded to sleep.

But the horn honked and brought him from the deep.

As he woke he swerved amongst sheep, you see, he was way off the road, in a paddock, you know, he cut a track about six inches deep.

He somehow got back onto the road,

Though left a trail where his green coolant flowed,

The car overheated, the man cursed it, and yielded his car to the left of road.

And, in the heat of the moment,

he missed, his eye fixed on the job now at hand.

A leaking pipe fixed and a little coolant mixed with some water he'd kept close at hand.

It was then that he saw in the ditch on the floor the poor fellow, who was almost gone.

He looked very fallow and his eyes too were hollow,

Though the sparkle of life still shone on.

I'll help you dear sir,

Thought the man as the cogs in his mind and his heart were a-stir.

I know just the place, you can rest, and can taste of true life on this earth where we are.

The dear old cobber sought his strength as he hobbled, eventually got the man in.

He started the car, it's true, they didn't drive far,

And it looked like the poor man might win.

He awoke the next week,

Feeling refreshed, all he needed or wanted, he needed not seek.

A sweet smell in the air, lingered, his body was rested,

and lying on a comfortable bed.

It was then that this man would indeed understand that his saviour from last week was gone.

Left some money to buy anything he might need and enough for him if he stayed on.

(This is my re-adapted version of Jesus' parable, see Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan). Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wise-dom of God

Beginning with the end that's given me, I try to use the strength I have from God. He shows me how, a better man I'll be, if trusting him, doesn't at all seem odd. I give him thanks for bread and too, for wine. The Lord has given all the things I need. His spirit's fruit that comes from love, divine. It makes me want his warnings here to heed. A blessing from my burden, he will make, inside me, so I'll be a blessing too. He'll teach me with his children, bread to break, Untill we can together drink wine, new! Together with the one who'll take our woes. The Earth and all within it will be glad! From bottom to the top, from heads to toes, and wipe the tears from all those who are sad. He said that he would come on clouds to bring, a dif'rent kind of change than those who rule, at present now, so, helpless ones can sing. A change will come for wise man, and for fool! Yeshua said, that his way is the one, to bring to us a light to stop o

The head, the heart, and the eye.

On wings from fairies, float these wholesome thoughts, from blessed books, and bottles frozen from, the fridge that freezes quicker than it ought, I slowly wait, my mind must now be thawed. Ideas too often carried on in haste, though, "fast" ain't wrong, it's slowliness that has, a wholesomeness, it chews enough to taste. I hope that I can slow down to a pace, to hold with hands that carry kinder thoughts, which have been stilled, and can be trusted in. The head must be a precious place, for sure, I'll never treat it like a garbage bin.

Like cocoons, these wombs.

And, yet, there is still more to learn, who knew?! That living in this world of God ain't dull?! I think God might be like the wind that blew, and flows around, now helping those seagulls, And birds of ev'ry feather, lifting up, not being all their flight, but giving them, a waking up, and prodding them to move, and start to fly to heights above, and on. But, to be down below in this here world, and doing just like I'm learning to do. And, how to be a child of God now curled, in womb as once upon a time I grew. just like that time when we were with our mum, Inside her, being nourished from above. Perhaps, now too this earth like a cocoon, was fashioned so to teach us how to love.